I scribbled this down for my friend hiesl @germanvegan, and we want to share these brief thoughts with everyone else …
Some basic radical antispe considerations about activities on a theoretical and practical plane
Theoretical / practical activities that help combat speciesism in the environment in your reach:
– Make being a radical antispeciesist part of your public and private personality.
– Use your possibilities to create safe-spaces for nonhuman individuals/life.
– Expect people to be able to think and reflect about social justice in a nonhuman-inclusive form.
– Use the internet e.g. or any place where you can express yourself to create postulations in order to forward radical antispeciesism – make your stance (this is also a form of self-empowerment).
– Learn weighing out positions, opinions, infos, sources, dynamics of communication via media: the AR movement isn’t a ‘clear spring’, it even harbors a lot of speciesism (like the biologistic one most often), animal-derogation, normalized speciesist-humansocieties-centered ‘megalomania’, etc. That is why the only safe way to navigate your activist field is to follow your own convictions that result from the ultimate experiences you gather together with the nonhuman contacts, friendships, relations you encounter. Animallib – or also respecting animal autonomy – aren’t empty words but should manifest in an actual antispeciesist praxis.
– “Common sense” – such as you apply in intra-human affairs – might be the best guide and the one that offers the most independent flexibility to learn and provide the freedom of thought you need.